Are you moving into a brand new house or are you simply redecorating your present master bedroom? Either way, if you have chosen an elegant mood, here are some ideas that might inspire you to create something lovely and unique.
Borrow From Your Living Room - If you have an elegant living room, you will probably be able to get some great ideas by just walking into the room to assess what you have done to make it special.
- Consider the installation of a formal chandelier. Italian glass, crystal or porcelain would all be incredible. An impressive touch would be to select a chandelier with small lamp shades on it.
- Selecting original oil or water color paintings that you place in heavy gold frames would definitely add formality to your room. Even children's artwork that has been framed with the right mat and a gorgeous frame would be stunning. Enhance the art with sconces that will add soft lighting.
Select The Flooring - Of course, even the flooring you select will help to add formality and elegance to your bedroom.
- Carpet would be lovely in your formal bedroom. Carpet is affordable and because of state-of-the-art technology, it is now easier to maintain. If you have allergies, even allergen-free carpets are available.
- Marble or tile would also be fabulous. However, if you want something truly unique, consider selecting concrete which you or a professional artist can faux paint. You can give the concrete the appearance of marble or tile and save some money. In addition, consider selecting the look of an intricate Oriental rug. For added warmth, consider adding smaller area rugs placed in strategic places, like under a side table or at the foot of the bed.
Choose The Window Treatments - Besides adding beauty to your master bedroom, you'll want a treatment that lets in the sunshine or leaves your room completely dark.
- Wooden shutters would be absolutely beautiful, especially if you choose a rich wood. Dark brown or eggshell white or soft caramel would both be wonderful choices and they would all go with anything else you select for your decor.
- Another great choice would be to select drapes made of fabrics like damask, polished cotton, silk or taffeta. If you want something very unique, consider a subtle stripe paired with a floral valance, or vice versa. Another consideration is to select a design that allows the cloth to pool on the floor. Think about choosing hardware that will complement the light fixtures you selected.
Enjoy creating an elegant look in your master bedroom. For more ideas, look at http://www.sylvansdrapesandblinds.com.